House fire started accidentally
By CarlyBaldwin | Thursday, June 14, 2012, 15:28
The fire which broke out at a house in Wood Lane yesterday was started accidentally, the Fire Service have said.
The investigation into the fire is continuing
Crews were called to the property at around 2.30pm, and finally managed to bring the blaze under control two hours later. One woman, in her 30s, was hospitalised with burns.
Station Manager, Toby Wilson, said: "The woman was outside and receiving treatment from paramedics on our arrival. There was a severe fire in progress inside the house which took over two hours to bring under control."
He continued: "The fire has caused extensive damage to the house and whilst we have established that there are no suspicious circumstances, we are continuing with our investigations to find out exactly how the fire started."